Getting CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate at CFO Manila Office

Tuesday, July 26, 2016
My passport will be expiring soon and since I am married and will be using my foreign husband's surname, one of the requirements of the Department of Foreign Affairs for passport renewal is Commission on Filipino Overseas (CFO) Guidance and Counseling Certificate. To get this, here are the steps that I have taken.

Step 1: Visit CFO's website and secure an appointment for Guidance Counseling Program (GCP) online

Click HERE to go to CFO online appointment system site

It is either you attend the GCP at CFO Manila Office or CFO Cebu Office. My preferred location is CFO Manila, which is located at the Citigold Center 1345 Pres. Quirino Ave. cor. Osmena Highway, Manila, Philippines. Securing an appointment for GCP is easy. You just need to answer some questions, provide required information about you and your foreign fianc(e)e/spouse/partner and choose an appointment date. Once done and your appointment is confirmed, print the barcoded confirmation form. You will present the printed confirmation form and all required documents at the CFO office. It would be best to set an appointment early or a month before your planned date to ensure slot availability.

Step 2: Attend the CFO Guidance Counseling Program 

Prior to attending the CFO GCP, I see to it that I have the following documents:

a. Barcoded confirmation/appointment form
b. Xerox copy of two (2) valid IDs
c. Xerox copy of Marriage Certificate

Make sure to be at the CFO office an hour and a half prior to your given time schedule. As possible, avoid getting late as you might not be given the chance to attend the seminar. I came late on my first appointment. I arrived 9:10AM due to traffic but was not allowed to attend the seminar so, I just rescheduled another appointment.


This time I arrived early. I came to the CFO office at around 6:20AM. The office is still closed though but it is best to be there early. The office opened at around 7:10AM and upon entry, I presented the barcoded appointment form to the security guard and left an ID. I was then told to proceed to the third floor where the registration form is obtained and sessions were held. I filled out forms and submitted needed documents (as listed above).

The GCP session started at 9:00AM and ended at 12:00PM. Session rooms are divided according to country of destination. All those who are planning to go to Europe are in one room. Same with those who are going to the United States. I enjoyed listening to the counselor and mingling with other attendees. Each of us were interviewed by the counselor, who is really nice and very accommodating.

Step 3: Proceed to the cashier and pay 400.00 php (counseling and registration fee)

At the end of the session, I proceed to the cashier at the ground floor, waited for my name to be called and paid 400.00 pesos. After 30 minutes, I was called again to get the certificate. That's it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment