From Manila to the Czech Republic: What a Journey!

Friday, August 21, 2015
The 16th of August is my hubby's birthday so I decided to take a leave from work and visit the Czech Republic. Getting a Schengen visa is fast and the staffs at the Czech Embassy Manila are nice. I really appreciate the kind assistance and friendly smiles that gave me good vibes about getting into my target destination.

The Long Journey

Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3

This is my first long haul flight to the other side of my location on Earth. I keep praying for a good and safe journey. It is raining hard and it took me an hour and a half waiting for my flight from Manila to Singapore as it was delayed due to air traffic congestion. When I finally arrived at Singapore Changi Airport, I tried to catch my flight to Frankfurt, Germany but the airplane left already so all I can do that time is to get information on what Singapore Airlines will do for that.

Singapore Changi Airport

Singapore Changi Airport

Good thing there is a flight to Zurich, Switzerland. Instead of feeling worried, I remain calm and strong. I remember thinking "five hours down, fourteen more hours to go to reach Switzerland." My flight is really boring and I get a little scared because the airplane was so shaky during the flight. I tried to sleep thinking when I wake up I am already in Switzerland but I really had a hard time trying to get a good sleep because of the shaking and aircraft noise. Whoa!


I reached Switzerland at 6AM and waited for my next flight for six hours. Inside Zurich Airport, I checked some souvenirs, walked a little and waited for the gate announcement. 

Zurich Airport 

Zurich Airport






Zurich Airport Free Wifi 

Thank God, there is free WiFi access at Zurich Airport for one hour. There, I get to chat with my husband who is already in Prague, feeling nervous, waiting for me. The gate number was finally announced an hour before my flight to Prague, Czech Republic. 

Zurich Airport

I really enjoyed taking aerial pictures during the flight. Below are some of the pictures that I have taken including Lake Constance, which borders Switzerland, Germany and Austria. 








After the two hours flight, thank God, I reached Prague...safe!   



Prague's Vaclav Havel Airport is so far the one I like the most. It is clean, quiet and not crowded. Finally, me and my husband are together again.





But my long journey didn't end there, I traveled four hours to reach my home for two months with my husband and mother in law. So, all I can really say is "What a Journey!"...from Asia to Europe...for love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment