Explore the Town - Clean and Beautiful Třinec

Saturday, August 22, 2015
I spent my days in the Czech Republic at a place called Třinec. Since it is August 2015 summer time, the weather is fine and not really hot. Below is an overview of the town and what can be seen there.

Třinec (pronounced as ˈtr̝̊ɪnɛts) is a town in Frydek-Mistek district that is notable for its large steel plant. It is situated at Czech Republic's Moravian-Silesian Region and approximately 45 km away from Ostrava City. Based on my research on the Web, majority of its population is into agriculture. This town is near Poland and Slovakia.

The very first thing that I noticed about the town is its cleanliness and there is no traffic. Here, you can find a number of litter bins and large trash recycling bins as well as plastic bags that can be used to pick up dog poop. It seems to me that most people here love dogs as everywhere I look there is someone with his or her dog, mostly Yorkshire in breed. I admire those dog owners who are picking up dog poops to keep the place clean. For sure, I will do the same if ever I will live here and have my own dog.

Among the town areas I visited include the following:

1. Trinec Lesopark
Trinec 739 61


My husband is proud to introduce the Lesopark, wherein tall trees can be found. There are also children's playground, fastfoods and mini golf. It is a good place for walking, jogging, biking and skating. (Read more: Enjoying Tall Trees at Trinec Lesopark)

2. TESCO Hypermarket Třinec
Frýdecká 3111/77
Operating hours from Mon - Sun: 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM




Just like most hypermarkets, here you can find a wide range of products from clothes to vegetables to school items and many more. When there is sale, a liter of milk cost only less than 10 Kc, which made me happy as for me, it is cheap that it is equivalent to around 20 php. Salami is cheap also.

3. Small park with fountains

nám. T. G. Masaryka 405

739 61 Třinec



4. Trinec InfoCentrum


Here's where I bought our Turisticky Denik, some Turisticka Vizitka stickers and Trinec magnets that I will be giving away to my friends in the Philippines.  

5. Albert Hypermarket
Lidická 1269
739 61 Třinec

We often visit this hypermarket when there is sale. Among the items that I find cheap here include milk, salami, ketchup, tartar sauce, popcorn and whipped cream.  

6. Sosnova 368
739 61 Trinec

I find this area nice as you can get to see the downtown. After taking picture of lavicky no. 1 (see Trinec Lavicky blog post) near the hospital, me and mt hubby walked along this area.

0 comments:

Post a Comment